Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I just seen it!

Keithp

okay, newbie here

I have just seen Saturn... after waitng since January 2009 with the new scope.

To any people who get disappointented like I did, don't give up.

I've took some pics of the moon, done the colour upping and got some nice results, by my standards anyway, heh, my hobby!:) and thanks to this site.:)

Any way... back to Saturn...

got a skywatcher 250px dob, used a meade #126 barlow + the standard 25mm that comes with the scope and went straight to the ringed planet, thanks to Sky6, really good programme.

Saw the planet and what appeared to me 4 moons, excellent. The luminence of the planet was quite a supprise, I thought it might be a little more yellow/orange ish. Perhaps some of the more experienced people can offer advice on that. Now looking at trying to take some pictures of the newly found wonder in the sky.

I am using a Fujifilm s5700 that I can hook up to the scope lens using the baader click stop or a 46mm T adapter with the barlow which, incidently got me a cool pic of a woody in a tree about 300yds away.... the side effects of setting up the focus..:-)

Regards

All

Keith

:) Glad you finally got to see it, that was waaayyyyy too long of a wait.

It'll get better and better from now on too, Keith.. the rings will start to open up again during the next few years and they're absolutley drop-dead gorgeous!:)

(Btw, Saturn always looks golden to me, even naked-eye.)

Archived