SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi All, First post in SGL 😀

I only got my first telescope at the start of the year (SW Star Quest 102R) and have been upgrading my kit since then.  Current setup is StarQuest 102R F4.9, with ST102 tube rings, Modded Canon 550D, Baader Semi APO 2" filter, StellaMira Field Flattener, AZ GTI in EQ mode, Astro Essentials 30mm f4 guide scope with ASI 120MM mini, Pegasus Astro Pocket Power Box Advance, and NINA running the show.  Since I added guiding I am using 5 min subs ( I haven't tried any higher so don't know how much I can actually go) and am quite happy apart from the CA on the OTA which the Baader filter has reduced quite a lot.  Latest Pic attached is 3hours 25 min in total with 5 min subs.

So as the title says I am looking at my options for upgrading to some ED glass.  I will more than likely be looking to purchase second hand and I am in no rush for purchasing, I'd rather wait for the right one to come along.   I have narrowed my options down to 3 OTAs and am looking for some feedback in peoples experiences with them, or if there is an OTA that I may not have considered.

SW Evostar 80ED (Why is it so much heavier than the others at 4.1KG)

StellaMira 80mm ED

Starwave 80ED-R

Main reasons for these 3 is I like the focal length (around 500), the weight for the AZ GTI (closer to 3 KG the better).

Many thanks in anticipation 

DSC_1603.jpg

North American Nebula and Pelican Nebula final edit (2).jpg

• Like 4