Narrowband

AZ GTi Not Working - Fixed

Littleguy80

I bought an AZ GTi secondhand recently. Having my first proper play with it this morning and I can’t make it work! I’m trying the Solar tracking and One Star alignment on the Sun using the SynScan Pro app. I go through the process of manual alignment and selecting goto Sun etc but there seems to be no tracking. I even tried selecting goto Venus. The app gives the countdown like it’s moving and then asks for manual centering but the mount/solar scope didn’t move at all. I’m connected to the mount’s WiFi ok. I expect this is just user error but I now have a creeping fear that I’ve bought a dud!

Edited by Littleguy80

4 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

There used to be a setting somewhere in the app you had to tick to allow solar observing. A safety feature. Is this still the case? If you use the slew buttons do the motors spin the mount?

Yep, entered that. It was doing nothing with the slew buttons either. Just found the problem though. Connection settings were set to emulator mode! Not sure if this is a default or I managed to switch it on in error. Seems to be working now it’s in network mode 😊

3709DCB6-4211-4359-BB2D-DC3A8DD9ED53.thumb.png.e4af97f2a8a2a4799162f6f771d4486d.png

• Like 2

• Littleguy80 changed the title to AZ GTi Not Working - Fixed