Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Neq6 permanent pec

Craig a

Im Thinking of doing a permanent periodic error correction on my neq6 in eqmod so can this be done in daytime ie capturing the worm cycles then applying them to the motors? Also when the ppec is applied to the mount can I still loosen the clutches for balancing or other work or will I then loose the ppec? 
I’ve also read that that it needs to be done when the scope is being guided? 

Edited by Craig a

In all forms of capturing PE data, reference to a real star is required, while the mount is tracking at sidereal rate.

So daytime is maybe possible with a bright star -  Sirius, Canopus, Vega, Procyon, Altair, Arcturus etc.

But best to be capturing at around Dec = 0.

Some mounts require you to guide as well as possible while the mount is in PEC Train Mode, to apply the corrections required to improve the PE directly to the mount's PEC.

Some software capture the unguided native PE, then you play with the software to add correction to minimise the PE, and load that into the mount's PEC.

Michael

Hi Michael, after  doing some digging online the neq6 Carnt have a permanent periodic error correction installed into its motors but can have a pec curve recorded and saved in eq mod but the mount must be parked or it gets lost, now does this mean after it’s parked and powered down I Carnt disengage the cluches for whatever reason?  

That’s a relief, was starting to wonder if I would have to record a pec curve each imaging run, the next clear night I’m going to have a go at recording one, does the curve automatically get saved and loaded each time I fire up eqmod?