Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is "DURABRAND" telescope maker? Please help

Hello Friends,

I'm new here. Im buying my first telescope from olx. Maker is Durabrand. I never heard of. Also there are no parameters mentioned on Tube about focal length or aparture.

I am buying this due to cheap cost. Is it worth to buy?

Thank you.

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Believe it is Walmarts brand name for a number pf products I expect their telescopes are just low end Chinese made ones.

ok, seller is asking $100. so without knowing focul length or aparture, do you think its a good deal?

9 minutes ago, gauraog said:

ok, seller is asking $100. so without knowing focul length or aparture, do you think its a good deal?

Focal length 700mm, aperture 76mm. Is the telescope new or used ? Celestrpn sell the identical telescope for £103 new.

https://www.astroshop.eu/celestron-telescope-n-76-700-powerseeker-76-az/p,7933

Check out  Celestron or Slywatcher. You may be able to buy a brand name new scope for less. But of course not knowimg the specs of the Durabrand scope can’t say for sure but these department store scopes are not allways that good. 

Edited by johninderby

16 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Check out  Celestron or Slywatcher. You may be able to buy a brand name new scope for less. But of course not knowimg the specs of the Durabrand scope can’t say for sure but these department store scopes are not allways that good. 

I was thinking the same but reason behind buying is for $60 im getting Tube + stand + 2 lenses.  

46 minutes ago, gauraog said:

I was thinking the same but reason behind buying is for $60 im getting Tube + stand + 2 lenses.  

I get what you're saying but in reality that is a very basic alt-az tripod and mount so probably very wobbly in use. Quality of the eyepieces is also likely to be poor as these will likely be the cheapest that they can ship, H20 and maybe a 6 or 4mm SR that will give poor viewing, may even be the harder to find 0.965 inch type that you'd struggle to get better quality replacements for and probably cost more than you're paying for this scope.

In many ways you'd be better to look for a good known brand and pay a little more, either used or if you can stretch to it, new.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

There should be a sticker near focuser that will state the focal length and aperture.

I asked for it but seller said that there is no picture on the tube.

1 hour ago, gauraog said:

Looking at picture, I can think it must be 114mm/900mm and seller agreed for $60.

The 114 reflectors tend to have shorter tubes, this looks like a 76mm very much like this one.

A department store one is usually a clone that's over-priced, you should be able to get this new at around $100 made by Orion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevieDvd said:

The 114 reflectors tend to have shorter tubes, this looks like a 76mm very much like this one.

A department store one is usually a clone that's over-priced, you should be able to get this new at around $100 made by Orion.

How about this one? 

Sky-Watcher BK 1149 EQ1 114/900
Telescope optics: Newton
Mount type: Parallactic
Aperture: 114 mm
Focal length: 900 mm Luminous range
: 7.9

1.25 "glasses. - Super 25, Super 10
Barlow lens 1.25"
Finder 6 × 24
T2 connector

Can I see nebulas , galaxies and plantes clearly?

OR

Sky-Watcher Dobson 6 "telescope is better?

I have heard of & seen Durabrand with low cost tools, work trolleys, cheap storage drawers, etc.

Based on my experience with the tool related products, I wouldn't go near it.

Stick to the known names.

HTH, David.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gauraog said:

How about this one? 

Sky-Watcher BK 1149 EQ1 114/900
Telescope optics: Newton
Mount type: Parallactic
Aperture: 114 mm
Focal length: 900 mm Luminous range
: 7.9

1.25 "glasses. - Super 25, Super 10
Barlow lens 1.25"
Finder 6 × 24
T2 connector

Can I see nebulas , galaxies and plantes clearly?

OR

Sky-Watcher Dobson 6 "telescope is better?

A dobsonian is nearly always cheaper and more stable, the mount is cheap to make so your money goes mainly into the optics. A 6" (150mm) dob will beat a 114mm simply on light gathering ability, all other things being equal.

Whether you can see nebulae, galaxies and planets clearly depends on many things, including your viewing site conditions, the atmospheric conditions and when you look.  They are all possible, given the right circumstances. Or impossible if not!

Have a look here:

• Thanks 1