Narrowband

Saturn 22-6-22

morimarty

6 hours ago, morimarty said:

This is a IRrgb Saturn captured on the 22-6-22 in very average seeing though did'nt have the dew problem as some have had to deal with.

C11 Asi462 Adc 2x barlow resized 115%

1526447599_SATIRRGB115.png.eddafbaab19c3cfb32579229e39cfe8c.png

Still a nice result Martyn. Your doing better than me on Saturn. My 22nd captures were not as good. Out of interest what exposure are you using. what gain. and stack sizes are we talking here ?

If your seeing is similar. I reckon your extra resolution is doing better. Well done on the excellent capturing and processing

Edited by neil phillips
  • Thanks 1

Hi Neil sorry It took a while for me to get back to you (been out fishing all day) My Ir capture was 40fps Histogram 63% gain360 exp24.47ms USB traffic 80 High speed on 1250 frames stacked. I was trying to keep this stack as sharp as possible as this as the detail. The rgb settings were the same only difference was that I stacked 3000 frames as I just needed the stronger colour data. In firecapture I could max out the USB traffic which will increase frame rate  also up the gain to 400ish but would be at risk of the laptop freezing. I'm still experimenting with different settings but as you know every session is different HTH.

1 hour ago, morimarty said:

Hi Neil sorry It took a while for me to get back to you (been out fishing all day) My Ir capture was 40fps Histogram 63% gain360 exp24.47ms USB traffic 80 High speed on 1250 frames stacked. I was trying to keep this stack as sharp as possible as this as the detail. The rgb settings were the same only difference was that I stacked 3000 frames as I just needed the stronger colour data. In firecapture I could max out the USB traffic which will increase frame rate  also up the gain to 400ish but would be at risk of the laptop freezing. I'm still experimenting with different settings but as you know every session is different HTH.

Cheers for the stats. Its very interesting. I think i can tell from that your seeing must be a lot better than i am presently getting here. Your exposure for example is quite slow. your stack sizes quite small. If i used those settings with the seeing ive had recently i think it would have faired even worse. I am slightly unsure of this. But thats my take home. What ever it is your doing. keep doing it because its clearly working. Your doing great. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, morimarty said:

Interesting on your capture settings; In my 8" Dob, i use 12-14ms exposures with a gain of 200 and I am already hitting ~60% in the histogram with the same camera (I use asicap since I am on a Mac, as most other programs do not work or recognise my camera even under crossover). Are you also shooting at full resolution?

On 24/06/2022 at 08:49, Kon said:

Interesting on your capture settings; In my 8" Dob, i use 12-14ms exposures with a gain of 200 and I am already hitting ~60% in the histogram with the same camera

Hi Kon I am currently experimenting with exposure settings at the moment as I'm trying to find that sweet spot for the asi462mc. Looking at the spec charts on Flo's website. I have noticed the read noise is at it's lowest at gain 300-350 so I would advise you to try upping the gain to this figure then you could reduce exposure a little which will then increase your frame rates. Regarding the histogram I would rather be on the lower side as you can easily compensate for this in processing.

• Thanks 1