SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn and Jupiter 21st June

neil phillips

Nice captures. Your Jupiter has really nice details. I think i need to pick your brains at some point on wavelets since you seem to be pulling our great details always.

2 hours ago, Kon said:

Nice captures. Your Jupiter has really nice details. I think i need to pick your brains at some point on wavelets since you seem to be pulling our great details always.

When the signal is weak try dyadic. But just have to be careful of bloating. mostly wavelet two and three. but thats with a large drizzled image

Edited by neil phillips
  • Thanks 1

Considering the bad seeing last night Neil both images have faired very well You have captured some nice fine detail on jupiter again in daylight so very well done. The Saturn image is showing nice banding on the globe and the cassini ring is almost tantalizingly complete. The thin high cloud and poor seeing put a early end to my imaging session last night.

2 hours ago, morimarty said:

Considering the bad seeing last night Neil both images have faired very well You have captured some nice fine detail on jupiter again in daylight so very well done. The Saturn image is showing nice banding on the globe and the cassini ring is almost tantalizingly complete. The thin high cloud and poor seeing put a early end to my imaging session last night.

Yes at first i thought it was because saturn was still quite low. But as it got higher it didnt improve a lot. Jet stream showed away from my location. Not sure how much to trust that lately

As it was clearly wrong. Sorry to hear you had to abort Martyn. 

2 hours ago, russ said:

I would be so pleased with either one of those, bad seeing or not. Really nice work.

Thanks Russ. Its still enjoyable getting out there. But after years of doing this kind of thing. Most planetary imagers relish those calm nights where the magic happens

But if you dont get out there often its hard to know. As even looking at stars for calm. can change later ? I was quite pleased with the Jupiter cloud detail. Considering conditions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Thanks Russ. Its still enjoyable getting out there. But after years of doing this kind of thing. Most planetary imagers relish those calm nights where the magic happens

But if you dont get out there often its hard to know. As even looking at stars for calm. can change later ? I was quite pleased with the Jupiter cloud detail. Considering conditions.

I know what you mean. I used to rush out for anything that resembled a clear night but these days i get picky. Rejected a couple of the recent nights as it just didn't look steady. 

The detail you got in that Jupiter image is amazing. 

1 hour ago, russ said:

I know what you mean. I used to rush out for anything that resembled a clear night but these days i get picky. Rejected a couple of the recent nights as it just didn't look steady. 

The detail you got in that Jupiter image is amazing. 

Yeah i think all seasoned amateur astronomers either visual or imagers. do get picky as the years roll by. Thanks again for the nice comments much appreciated Russ