Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to set up a postscript to list equipment etc

Sorry about that, still getting to grips with things.

Could someone be kind enough to advise me how to set up a post script listing equipment etc that automatically attachs to the end of my posts.

Click on your name 'HarryLP'  - should be top right on your screen.

In the drop down window that opens click on account settings, in the left hand part of the window, click on signature then type in what you want.

Hi Harry, I note in your new listing is a Bresser sun filter for the 70/700.  Looking at that telescope online it appears that said filter might have come supplied with that telescope.  We do have a forum on SGL dedicated to solar https://stargazerslounge.com/forum/207-observing-solar/ and there is a sticky on their that might be worth a read and maybe post and ask for advice regarding the safety of using that filter before you decide to go ahead and use it as I know that some solar observing filters etc. are not recommended by solar fans on the forum and there will be loads of advice around about staying safe that might be worth taking a look at before your first foray into solar.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/06/2022 at 22:02, JOC said:

Hi Harry, I note in your new listing is a Bresser sun filter for the 70/700.  Looking at that telescope online it appears that said filter might have come supplied with that telescope.  We do have a forum on SGL dedicated to solar https://stargazerslounge.com/forum/207-observing-solar/ and there is a sticky on their that might be worth a read and maybe post and ask for advice regarding the safety of using that filter before you decide to go ahead and use it as I know that some solar observing filters etc. are not recommended by solar fans on the forum and there will be loads of advice around about staying safe that might be worth taking a look at before your first foray into solar.

Hi 

For some inexplicable reason I have only just picked up on your kind advice.

Yep, it's the Bresser Skylux 70/700 of LIDL fame. Mine came with the full front sun filter which sat unopened in its sealed plastic bag for nearly two years. With all the clouds in my area I started to think whether or not it would be safe to use.

As you suggest looked on the various forums. Looked more fully at the telescope manuals and saw that (the sun filter) came with an ISO number which was verifiable. A look at Bresser telescopes also showed that many of them also included the sun filter.

So took the filter out of it's bag and examined it closely with a torch to see if any damage seeing none then held it up to the sun looking quickly with naked eye. Then tried it in the scope without an eyepiece (having first removed the finderscope) then finally with a low power eyepiece. This is now my sun viewing procedure.

• Like 6