Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 16th June

neil phillips

Fancied a easy life this morning. Which this scope is perfect for. It may lose out in resolution to the bigger scopes. But certainly shows a fair bit of detail on Jupiter. 

Stella Lyra 8"  classical cassegrain QHY 462 C UV IR CUT ZWO ADC SW EQ5 PRO 

zzzzzzzzzzzzz 16th.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 10

21 minutes ago, Kon said:

Some really nice details and banding there. Well done on another good capture. (I got up at 3 but it was too hazy and went back to bed).

Sometimes we need time off. was a bit achy myself this morning. In two minds. But the prospect of moving the cassegrain around was more enticing. 

Cheers 

40 minutes ago, skyhog said:

Some nice detail there. As I said in another thread, based on early images like this, I really look forward to the coming apparition. 

Thanks. Its clearly going to be good isnt it. But then how long have we waited for jupiter at a decent height ? I remember many years ago thinking. By the time Jupiter is higher in the UK again.

I may not even be alive. As no one can predict that many years into the future. But here we are. very soon Jupiter in darkness 39 degrees. Roll on.

• Like 2

Cassegrain IR 685 this morning.  Correction after checking my settings i didnt switch filters. Because the colour balance was so odd. I assumed i tried a IR infact the gamma was set incorrectly. Which is why the colour was so odd. So RGB with lower gamma 

Cass ir 16th june.png b.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 8

The Stella Lyra 8" as captured some amazing detail Neil. I'm loving the colour balance. Jupiter as a marble look about It which I really like.

2 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Fancied a easy life this morning. Which this scope is perfect for.

Thats the Beauty of the Cc's & Sct's Neil they may not be everybody's favourite Scope but for portability and ease of use makes them IMHO the first choice go to scope especially for planetary imaging.

59 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Sometimes we need time off. was a bit achy myself this morning.

Me too😀

3 minutes ago, morimarty said:

The Stella Lyra 8" as captured some amazing detail Neil. I'm loving the colour balance. Jupiter as a marble look about It which I really like.

Thats the Beauty of the Cc's & Sct's Neil they may not be everybody's favourite Scope but for portability and ease of use makes them IMHO the first choice go to scope especially for planetary imaging.

Me too😀

I actually want a C11 Martyn. Had a bad one many years ago. I want a good one. Think i would dig it. 

Edited by neil phillips

7 minutes ago, morimarty said:

Thats a very good choice Neil. But your not having mine😄

Lol i want one of Damiens old kick abouts 

Wonder if hes ever had a bad one ? I doubt it. C9.25 are good as well. But i like the sound of 11. 

It just sounds powerful 

ELEVEN

Yeah i want a good one. Maybe one day.  

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Lol i want one of Damiens old kick abouts 

Wonder if hes ever had a bad one ? I doubt it. C9.25 are good as well. But i like the sound of 11. 

It just sounds powerful 

ELEVEN

Yeah i want a good one. Maybe one day.  

Edited just now by neil phillips

Yep the C9.25's are excellent. There is really very little to choose between the both of them. Simon & myself have actually compared them. The Eleven does capture that little bit extra light which enables slightly higher frame rates on the dimmer targets ie on Saturn I was capturing at 49fps in IR on my recent image which should help in processing. I think  simon usaully captures around the 40fps mark. I bet the big newt is no slouch in that department. I'm sure you will have another C11 or C9.25 at some point in the future and hopefully a real good one too.

3 hours ago, morimarty said:

Yep the C9.25's are excellent. There is really very little to choose between the both of them. Simon & myself have actually compared them. The Eleven does capture that little bit extra light which enables slightly higher frame rates on the dimmer targets ie on Saturn I was capturing at 49fps in IR on my recent image which should help in processing. I think  simon usaully captures around the 40fps mark. I bet the big newt is no slouch in that department. I'm sure you will have another C11 or C9.25 at some point in the future and hopefully a real good one too.

Yeah C9.25 is a wanted item too. But its very similar light wise to my 9.75 Orion. Always wanted a C14 and the 11, is more manageable both on the legs and bank. 

I do think ( have seen ) a C11  out perform the Orion. You may well do so at some point Martyn. Again the C9.25 too. But the Orion can outperform that just as equally well. Its closer. The C11 has the size. I know 3" is a lot. But its only 3" smaller than the legendary C14. And in certain hands in certain places. Under certain conditions. Well VIEWS OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM GOOD 

The C9.25 does have that longer focal length mirror. which gives it a slight advantage over the C11. Someone should bring out a longer focal length SCT with smaller secondary. And inbuilt fans.

yada yada.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Always wanted a C14 and the 11, is more manageable both on the legs and bank. 

Absolutely Neil I would love to have a night imaging the planets with a C14 but as you say above the Bank Back & Legs would all totally disagree. You Know at some point in the near future I would'nt be suprised if Stella Lyra introduce a larger Classic Cassagrain to there line up 10"- 12"- 14" I really think they would be onto a winner with a line up like that.?

17 minutes ago, morimarty said:

Absolutely Neil I would love to have a night imaging the planets with a C14 but as you say above the Bank Back & Legs would all totally disagree. You Know at some point in the near future I would'nt be suprised if Stella Lyra introduce a larger Classic Cassagrain to there line up 10"- 12"- 14" I really think they would be onto a winner with a line up like that.?

For some reason ( some bad press on CN ) The range hasn't taken off as much as it should have done. Which seems nuts to me. From what i have seen both my version and another lunar shot i saw with another stella lyra. The 7.3 scopes are absolutely killer. Sharp optics. A planet killer KILLER  ( no disrespect to Maks ) one of the best scopes i ever had was a F15 Mak. Both are excellent scopes. But if someone wanted a alternative to a Mak. Then this is it. Really a lunar planetary scope of the highest order, at a reasonable price. what more could anyone want ? By the time this year is out we will see how good these scope really are. I do believe it will prove itself  Early signs of it already. They actually do a 10 CC But not solid tube. John in derby ( a CC fan ) has mentioned how good a solid tube 10" CC Would have been. I have to agree. having said that these must be good also. Price is a bit out of my pocket at the moment. But if this scope is anything to go by. it should also be killer optics

looks like a Klingon cannon gun🤣 look at all that carbon Ally and baffles. It does look inspiring 

StellaLyra 10" f/12 M-LRC Classical Cassegrain Carbon Truss Telescope OTA | First Light Optics

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...