Narrowband

TSA 120 a good midlife crisis scope? πŸ˜†

Nice crisis Mr Icesheet, lets hope its an early midlife crisis as 40 is a bit low for the midpoint, but at 56 I would say that!
I managed to not have a midlife crisis, was too busy with life throwing things at me, but always time for a belated one.....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, F15Rules said:

Lovely scopeπŸ‘

You could perhaps add an extra felt lining to your rings?

That should enable you to get a snug fit on the scope without risk of pressure damage to the OTA, and without you feeling you need to overtighten the ring clamps..

Dave

Β 

2 hours ago, Highburymark said:

Beautiful scope! Just in time for planet season too. Β Β 
I was also unhappy with just two tube rings. Although mine fitted tightly around the telescope, there was a degree of sag when I fitted the scope onto my Skytee mount. I eventually moved to a three ring set up, which might seem like overkill, but is much more robust.Β 

2A8F252E-8067-4E7E-B60E-A84CA4BBB9F3.jpeg

I’m going to take another look at the rings. Maybe I’m being a bit too cautious but some extra felt wouldn’t go a miss. I do like the look of a three ring set up too. Looks very robust. Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan White said:

Nice crisis Mr Icesheet, lets hope its an early midlife crisis as 40 is a bit low for the midpoint, but at 56 I would say that!
I managed to not have a midlife crisis, was too busy with life throwing things at me, but always time for a belated one.....

Thanks Alan! It’s all a little tongue in cheek, nothing but an excuse to treat myself! Which, by the sounds of it you deserve to do too. I can wholeheartedly recommend Takahashi to help in a crisis, manufactured or not πŸ˜‰

• Like 2