SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Goodbye M42

Darth Takahashi

Last night the sky was clear and I managed to setup very quickly to grab my last shot of M42. Orion is raising and setting very quickly now and will soon to gone for another year.

Telescope: TOA130F @ F7.7

Camera: Kiss 2X (450D)

The seeing and transparency were both average.

The image scale as increase due to the greater crop factor(1.6). The camera is still unmodded, however, I think the result is it quite good for just a little over 1 hour at ISO800.

Neil.

post-15658-133877361389_thumb.jpg

Tis. Indeed a lovely picture. What's Kiss 2x, a negative lens or something? I am amazed too that the 450 is unmodded.

Do you intend to mod. it Neil, and if yes, how soon,?

I would like to see an image of NGC7000 before it is. If it is on your list that is.:).

Ron.:)

Thank for the comments guy's.

Kiss 2x is the Japanese name for the 450D, sorry for the confusion.

Don't think NGC7000 going to be possible for me, my view point is S - > W -> N from the back garden etc... The front impossible because of street light. Well not impossible but definitely more difficult. I normally wait until the summer for Cygnus to be in position.

On the top of my list at the moment is M1 with a HX916 ccd since I'm not confident that the Kiss 2x (450D) will be able to detect it?

Neil.

The camera will hopefully be modded in April.

Archived