Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter, Saturn and Mars under better seeing (14 June)

Kon

I was up at 3am to capture Jupiter, Saturn and Mars under better seeing conditions. What an improvement compared to last week; Mars is showing the ice cap, Saturn the Cassini division and Jupiter several banding. I also had a go at Venus but it was awful during the processing. Dob 8", manual tracking (or more like drifting method), asi120mc-s, 2x barlow. Autostakert, Astrosurface and Topaz Denoise.

image.png.590b028d0809e5aaa6fb4d301db996e3.pngimage.png.59587b9a91a0fd0ca998827d2868cba8.pngimage.png.7b608cb4c07a8200c97a6081a541863d.png

Edited by Kon
  • Like 28

1 hour ago, PeterStudz said:

Those are good, especially as it’s so early! Almost makes me want to splash the cash and give it a go. 

Being mostly a visual observer, I wanted to satisfy my curiosity on imaging the planets and have some decent images, so I got a cheap planetary camera from the SGL classifieds (I think it was £100).  I think you can go cheaper with svbony etc.

1 hour ago, Dave scutt said:

Great shots kon.

Any chance of showing me your setup I would like to try and take some images of the planets but only using my phone ar the moment. 

Thanks dave

I will pm you some photos when I am back home later, but nothing special; Skywatcher 8" Dob, same as your profile photo and an asi120-mc-s camera (with or without 2x barlow)  in the focuser, and a laptop for the capture.

• Thanks 1