2052839955_Mobilephonebanner.jpg.a502a319d7033354d442937f2edd0c2c.jpg

Binoviewer help

I've tried Baader Maxbrights, WO set and cheapy versions and to be honest, they all worked great. It's the fact that you're able to use two eyes that brings about the improvement. Obviously there are the differences like clear aperture size, how the dioptre focusing works and how the eyepieces are held but fundamentally, IMO, it's the ability to use both your eyes that makes bino-viewing such an amazing experience. 

• Like 1

Back to original post from @Neil H, the 127 is a big frac, I've had one and you will need the WO 1.6x to reach focus unless you want to chop the tube. The WO 20mm's will give you 96x with that and a fov around 0.5deg. That's your low power! but that's ok, because binos are all about looking at detail. I'd recommend getting a pair of 12mm eyepieces like SLV's to compliment the 20mm's supplied with the WO set. 

• Like 1

On 20/06/2022 at 18:54, Neil H said:

The WO binoviewer I think on a tight budget comes in on top it  can get me started as it is a complete package if I go the other way I still need to get one of two eyepieces so I can use it so cost jumps up 

There's a used WO binoviewer package at Cambrian photos for £179:  https://www.cambrianphoto.co.uk/collections/used-binoculars/products/used-william-optics-binoviewer-complete-package

• Like 1