SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Iris Nebula with more data

Peter Reader

Combined data across 2 sessions to produce this one. Calling it done for now as I'm not sure if more data will add much.

I think the street lamps and neighbour's security lights are probably limiting my ability to get detail on the dust, but have attached the raw stack in case anyone fancies giving it a go...Autosave.tif

Iris Nebula 2 to 11 Jun 22.png

Autosave.tif

• Like 1

I think there's more data in there than you think there is. ;)

I had a play with it in Pixinsight and came up with what you see below. There was some gradient in the bottom left corner which I had to remove but you have captured some of the dark dust around the Iris. Did you use flats to calibrate it, as there were also some light & dark circles on the image which looked like dust on the camera sensor, the darkest one was right in the centre of the image? I did managed to remove these with the CloneStamp tool in PI.

More data may well bring out detail in the centre of the Iris but I hope you like my rendition. :D

Iris.png.15043b6d8c91193994d919f8b71a1730.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Budgie1 said:

I think there's more data in there than you think there is. ;)

I had a play with it in Pixinsight and came up with what you see below. There was some gradient in the bottom left corner which I had to remove but you have captured some of the dark dust around the Iris. Did you use flats to calibrate it, as there were also some light & dark circles on the image which looked like dust on the camera sensor, the darkest one was right in the centre of the image? I did managed to remove these with the CloneStamp tool in PI.

More data may well bring out detail in the centre of the Iris but I hope you like my rendition. :D

Iris.png.15043b6d8c91193994d919f8b71a1730.png

Oh my goodness... I would be very grateful if you could share how you did this! PM me?

The image was calibrated with bias, flats and dark flats yes.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Peter Reader said:

Oh my goodness... I would be very grateful if you could share how you did this! PM me?

The image was calibrated with bias, flats and dark flats yes.

I won't be able to do it today, but I'll put together my workflow for you tomorrow evening. ;)

Your image above, not the autosave, in Affinity Photo, applying a logarithmic tone stretch, (Macro plugin by JR Astrophotography) , levels and curves and GradientXterminator in PS.

Iris-1.png.fd3e8676536bf5b04544c74358bc6650.png

Edited by Laurieast