Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A few From 19-20...

Psychobilly

LP changes plans... these will be warts and all roughs need darks flats bias etc..thats tomorrows job...as they are really only intended to check framing for decent clear weather...

Here are the 350D images from the CPC800 @ f6.3 CLS-CCD Filter all 10x300s ISO 800

So started with M105 (right most) with NGC 3371 and NGC 3389

[ATTACH]20163[/ATTACH]

and then went onto M64

[ATTACH]20164[/ATTACH]

Now on the first pane of a 4 pane mosaic of Markarian's chain...

Billy....

They look awesome, warts and all. That M64 is the Black eye galaxy right, I think. :)

Yeah M64 is the black eye galaxy..

They should clean up quite a bit with Darks, Bias,Flats etc added tomorrow...

Time for the first micronap of the night... alarm goes off again in 45 mins to go to the next pane of the mosaic...

Billy.....ZzZzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks Peeps...

Who's the Muppet who got the co-ordinate offsets wrong on the 4 Pane Moasic...:)

Got the Left hand edge with the overlap I wanted and the Overlap between the Left and right stripes... must have entered the wrong co-ords for the centre of the top right....

This is very noisy and I haven't bothered cleaning up each pane and calibrating before I have combined them.... so disappointed that I have got it wrong but thats the point of "quick" experiments when trying something new... this is going to need better skies as well to make it worthwhile ... and check double check and triple checking of the cords that get entered...before starting the capture sequence...

Massive image size reduction as the fullsize is 7000x3500 pixels

[ATTACH]20171[/ATTACH]

Billy.....

Thanks John. The subs were orange and way up the histogram so neeed proper clear skies Registar aligned them properly when DSS made a pigs ear of it so thats a relief... still cant claim to reallly know what I am doing in registar as I had loads of inermediates with panes registered to other panes... suppose I should RTFM.....

The 4 pane mosaic is 169MB so the 15 pahe ones goign to be a bit of a nightmare nut a distinc possibility...

I had a minor panic with the images from the 1000D I thought that the sensor had goen all Kia-ora on me when i took darks outside then I found out that the image preview wsnt updating... its been a long few days and nights and i need some proper sleep or i'll end up making stupid mistakes tonight...

I also need to get onto the mosaic panes as early as possible as an hour+ per pane means that the target quickly drifts into the LP... maybe I'd be better off doing less time on each pane but getting subs over a couple of nights... say half hour per pane instead...

Food then sleep I think...

Billy...

Archived