Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Introductory Imaging Run with the Evolux 62ED

Skyline

I know these images are not worthy of Astronomy Picture of the Day, but these images were taken last night with a Modded 600D using the Skywatcher Evolux 62ED. The balance/guiding is slightly out.

The more I image with this scope, the more I am enjoying it and I can see the potential of this scope. I like the star colours how this scope handles, I would love to see some images taken with 82ED to compare how the star colour is handled especially the blue channel. Two images both in Cygnus, NGC6819 and the Sadr Region. The star cluster had 2 hours of data and the Sadr region one hour. Its being a while processing images, quite happy for them to be corrected.

No calibration files used.

6819v2.jpg

IC1318v3.jpg

Edited by Skyline
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Please don't make me laugh, Or maybe the scope is just too cheap for it to be believed. 

Attached is a tiff file, just stacked in DSS imported into PS with a very light process and nothing else. Also a unprocessed .fit file converted from ASIFit View to a jpg.

If there was any CA to see it would have definitely shown on Sadr. Slight tilt in corners due to something not tightened properly.

Each sub imaged at 600s ISO800.

IC1318.tif

Sadr_Light_600_secs_2022-06-11T02-27-40_001.jpg

Edited by Skyline