Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Colour moon 10th June

neil phillips

For some reason i waited until the moon was only 26 degrees elevation hovering over a roof that was baking in the sun all day. 

Only so much you can do under conditions like that. But came out ok considering. Been a while since ive done some lunar. 

Celestron power seeker 4.5 inch Newtonian ( 15 years old original primary coatings ) 

QHY462C Camera UV IR CUT SW EQ5 PRO 

10th june 114 celestron.png h.png c.png 90.png

no saturate.png d.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 13

2 hours ago, Trevor N said:

Good colour shot Neil.  To be honest I enjoy using the smaller scopes probably more than the larger ones I have. This aperture lark is very much a law of diminishing returns I think 😬😬

I actually want a 12" go to dob. Nuts i know

Back breaker though. Cheers Trevor

7 hours ago, Trevor N said:

Good colour shot Neil.  To be honest I enjoy using the smaller scopes probably more than the larger ones I have. This aperture lark is very much a law of diminishing returns I think 😬😬

Im with you on that, my largest scope is the 5" Maksutov, but the 4" mak i used to own was better in a lot of ways