Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sadr in Ha

Adreneline

Taken over two nights of none-astro-darkness this is a four pane mosaic of the Sadr region taken with the Samyang 135mm + ASI183MM; in total it comprises 60 x 300s subs.

Each pane was processed in APP and then the mosaic compiled from the separate masters, again using APP.

Processed in PI.

Sadr-stars-SGL.thumb.jpg.b04baf8980aa098974ce583e44604979.jpg

I think the starless version helps to see the structure more clearly.

Sadr-starless-SGL.thumb.jpg.ec40be0c0c1af3c8bcb9e3db22be9ddb.jpg

The trouble is knowing where to stop! This project might grow to encompass more of the surrounding nebula.

Sadr-annotated-SGL.thumb.jpg.460e54b7de0bb4c21daf47a8802b5d70.jpg

Sadr-chart-SGL.jpg.09116eb706f603d894a13b123c815642.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

• Like 15

Beautiful mosaic Adrian!

This is a very rich area and I am very fond of Ha (monochrome) images. I guess that it somewhat reminds me of my old b&w film processing days.

The starless is nice, but the stars in your first image are very tastefully done and to me add quite a bit to the overall view. 

Very nice work!

• Thanks 1

That's a cracker Adrian.  Excellent processing with the weak and strong nebulosity flowing together so well alongside the excellent star control.  The starless one is so good - for a change enjoyed viewing the image in its entirety as big as you can - brilliant depth throughout.

Edited by geeklee
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, juno16 said:

Beautiful mosaic Adrian!

This is a very rich area and I am very fond of Ha (monochrome) images. I guess that it somewhat reminds me of my old b&w film processing days.

The starless is nice, but the stars in your first image are very tastefully done and to me add quite a bit to the overall view. 

Very nice work!

Thanks Jim. Considering it was not astro-dark it worked pretty well really - even without astro-dark the skies here are pretty dark fortunately. I tried a new approach to adding stars back (thanks to @Rodd) and it has worked really well. AstroPixelProcessor makes assembling mosaics so easy - some experimentation was required to home in on the optimum values but in the end the star field looked really good across the whole image.

I cannot begin to imagine doing the above with a film camera.

1 hour ago, geeklee said:

That's a cracker Adrian.  Excellent processing with the weak and strong nebulosity flowing together so well alongside the excellent star control.  The starless one is so good - for a change enjoyed viewing the image in its entirety as big as you can - brilliant depth throughout.

Thank you Lee. It's turned out better than I expected. It needed a few runs in APP to get the stars sorted at the overlaps but in the end it has worked pretty well. Also tried a new approach to assembling the finished image from the component parts (see PM).

I think it might be a few weeks before I can add anymore Ha or OIII - the OIII might spoil it :( so might be best left as is.

Adrian

For those who might be interested this is the APP screen upon completion of the mosaic from the four master frames:

Screenshot-2022-06-03.thumb.png.b236d734cc477632c7a64e8ceca4cb57.png

A slight rotation and a small crop to arrive at the image shown above.

I used the ASIair SkyAtlas to plan the image - nothing technical - just lined the panes up by eye :)

Adrian

• Like 1