SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Feature identification help please

MalcolmM

Does anyone know if the large valley looking feature (red arrow) have a name? I'm away from home and have no access to my books and my moon app does not name it. For context, the blue arrow points to Petavius I think.

Thanks,

Malcolm2143001325_IMG_20220603_2206380653.thumb.jpg.8b880e56ad8a7b860f4d763db941711a.jpg

Ok, embarrassing moment! @Mr Spock you may have recommended me this one before, or maybe someone else on the forum. Turns out I have that app and was using it last night but simply missed the name of the valley. It may have been an effect of the wine! I was surrounded by a bunch of my partner's relatives oohing and aahing at the time, never having seen the moon through a telescope before. Not exactly outreach but really nice to see people's reactions when they see it for the first time. Thanks for replying.

Malcolm

• Like 3