Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Weather - You can tell I'm on my way!!!!

Dave

Would you Adam and Eve it?

I'm trying to get away from all these clouds by going to Tenerife on Saturday.

I just found a webcam of the area I'm meant to be observing from.

Just look at this:

Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias - IAC - Observatorio Norte Europeo

The clouds are so low, it's flipping foggy!!! :)

That will probably stay for the week now, knowing my luck.:)

Hey Ho! A week of boozing instead then!

Thanks for your comments folks.

I've just checked again and it's beautiful and clear this morning.

Hopefully I will have some great pictures to post on here when I get back.

Take care everyone.

Has anyone had this experience: When I start astronomy I get to know the constellations pretty well and so when I went on holiday I packed my trusty binos and relished the thought of those dark skies in parts of Greece.

Well, it was cloudy for the first few nights but one night we had clear skies and I was treated to very clear views. However so dark was the locale that I was unable to make out the familiar shapes due to the sheer number of stars - incredible!

"However so dark was the locale that I was unable to make out the familiar shapes due to the sheer number of stars - incredible"

That's what I'm hoping for. See you all soon.

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you Dave, here's hoping you have drop-dead gorgeous skies every night.:)

Starman, I live out in the country where it's a lot darker than urban or suburban areas, but I'm always able to pick out the main shapes of the constellation asterisms. One of the things on my 'bucket list';) is to go somewhere during New Moon and experience conditions so dark that I can't see my hand in front of my face.

It'd be a bit unnerving, but fun.:)

I'm Back!!! We had 6 clear nights out of the 7...

When does that happen at home?

Awesome skies at 2150 meters.

Despite a few technical hitches, I got some great images, will keep me occupied for a while processing them.

(Will post some on here soon).

Some fantastic views of galaxies through a 24" Dobbo.

And who would have thought that the Zodiacal Light would be a form of light pollution!!!

A great week away. Would certainly recommend it.

Dave

Welcome home Dave! :rolleyes: Sorry about the technical glitches but at least the sky co-operated, I'm really happy for you. We'll be waiting to hear more and see the pics whenever you're ready.;)

Btw, I've heard people talk of skies that were so dark they couldn't see their hand at arms' length.. was it that dark? (It'd probably be a bit unnerving for me if that ever happened, but I'd get used to it real fast, lol.:hello2:)

Archived