SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

StellaLyra Ritchey-Chrétien Baffling

Whilst reading up on Classical Cassegrain with an eye on a StellaLyra I came across this. Do the StellaLyra Ritchey-Chrétien's suffer from this problem with the baffling or has it been addressed. From my own perspective its just to build an understating of GSO. Certainly a talking point. 

11 hours ago, johninderby said:

Not an unknown problem. But a solution..

I assume this is just got the RC version but should not effect the CC's due to the higher F ratio.

I must admit that I have not seen any evidence of this problem with my RC8.

I’m not sure just how much of a real problem it is as most reports by RC users don’t mention it. Would like to see a comparison test with the baffle extender fitted or not.

Agree it shouldn't be a problem with the CC with its longer focal length.

Edited by johninderby

Ed Tings review of the GSO 6 inch CC has some interesting images taken through a SC MC and the CC near the end. The SC and MC seem to have very similar colour and field illumination the CC seems to be noticeably different. 

The bottom line for me was considering the GSO made scopes compared to the Takahashi Mewlon 180 being a close and value option. But as ever I'm drawn to the uncompromising approach to optics and mechanics of the Takahashi even if nothing is perfect. 

Edited by StarryEyed