Narrowband

Hello from Oregon

Starman71

Thank you for letting me join the community.  A long time ago I had an 8" Cassegrain but it was not only very big to port around, but it was very difficult to align, so I ended up not using it much.  But I did see some fantastic things with it!  Ever since I have thought that I would like to have an easy to use scope to take with me camping, or to give me an excuse to go camping.  This time around I would like to find a high quality OTA that I can hand down to my son one day, and a computerized mount.   So I will be looking around on the forums here for info, and welcome any tips. 

• Portability
  • Quality
  • Automation for a casual observer

Thanks again!

Edited by Starman71
  • Like 1

Welcome. Hope you enjoy the forum and the journey towards finding the perfect scope. 🙂

(There’s no such animal but the hunt can/should be lots of fun and you will surely find your perfect scope!)

6 hours ago, Floater said:

Welcome. Hope you enjoy the forum and the journey towards finding the perfect scope. 🙂

(There’s no such animal but the hunt can/should be lots of fun and you will surely find your perfect scope!)

Thank you all, and thank you for your comment Floater.  Have I hit upon the iron triangle for telescopes?  I mean, I didn't say cheap.  If I had to guess what you mean, I would guess you can't get a high quality scope that is computerized, because I did see that Takahashi has some smaller scopes and its my understanding they are a higher quality brand.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...