Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First attempt in a LONG time....

It's been 10 years since I pointed a telescope and camera into space to catch some photons.

Back then a young family and an early morning commute to work kinda killed the hobby for me before it got going - but recently with the kids older, and working from home meaning no early starts, I've dipped my toes back into the water again - so here's my first attempt at an image since 2012!

So much has changed in the last decade - mostly with regards to software and camera tech - and it's been a bit of a learning curve to try and re-learn the things I once knew.

It all seems to be slowly coming back to me now - so here's an hours worth of integration on M57.

SW ED80 / ZWO ASI 183MC / HEQ5

70x60s Subs, IR Cut filter, Stacked in AutoStakkert and processed in Photoshop.

Comments, advice and tips very warmly welcomed.

It feels good to be back :D

image.thumb.png.949aaed5d2db1ace3e79ab1eb2345588.png

Edited by peonic
spolling :D
  • Like 5

Nice :)   I would suggest perhaps using a ( free ) program like Siril. Your pic has a green cast and this can easily be removed using 'remove green noise' in Siril. As i am sure you know this is due to the Bayer patern ( 2 green to 1 blue/red )   Hope you don't mind but i ran the 'remove green noise' and nothing else in Siril.

1.png.79add06bd38f44a01d5077b4a67be540.png

17 hours ago, peonic said:

o here's an hours worth of integration on M57.

SW ED80 / ZWO ASI 183MC / HEQ5

70x60s Subs, IR Cut filter, Stacked in AutoStakkert and processed in Photoshop.

Great comeback. 👍 As already mentioned, try using Siril to process the image from original. The stars seem a bit on the fuzzy side in your posted image, but that could just be due to upload here. If original is fuzzy, applying deconvolution should help. It should also help in bringing out the star in the middle of the nebula.

Good luck.

EDIT: I have taken your image, applied Photometric calibration and done a Histogram transform in Siril followed by cropping the image. And I am no expert in photoprocessing, so there is a lot of good detail in your image 🙂

m57image1.thumb.png.318940ed67cbc92e50aa8767ce5b9b85.png

Edited by AstroMuni