Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HEQ5 pro tripod feet

I use my heq5 on block paving mainly and the rubber feet have got torn to shreds, I now use something on the blocks to prevent damage again so quick ,can you get replacements for these or anything similar ?

also how on earth do they come off ?

• Like 1

I've had replacement rubber feet for photo tripods, not sure about the SW 1.75" steel tubed ones though, never seen any. You could just get a set of the vibration suppression pads and stick it on those.

• Like 1

I don't know if you can get replacements, but they are glued to the lower leg tube.

I know this because one of mine has come loose and I have to make sure I don't leave it stuck in the law when I pack up for the night. ;)

• Like 1

If you cannot get any they are probably something I could 3D print fairly easily.
However I would need to know what the end is like that glues onto the tubing. I assume as @Budgie1 says there is just a 1.75" depression that then slides over the tripos leg and is glued in place.

I probably could try and print in some semi-flexible material but would have to buy that in or could print in hard plastic but that may tend to slide a bit on a patio or similar to up to you.

Let me know if you cannot get any and want to give it a go 🙂 

EDIT: Having looked at them and thought about it I would not trust 3D printed flexible feet with expensive astro gear on top. Whilst I do not think they will fail to begin with the sharp end of the tubes could eat into the plastic over time and eventually they would break. 
Yes I could print some that would look the part but I would not want to be responsible for one breaking and maybe causing an accident. I think the proper ones have a metal insert inside them to prevent this happening.

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang
  • Like 2

Thanks Steve, duly filed away in case I ever need some new ones.  Mine are partly worn but generally I use pads underneath mine at camp and the rest of the time the mount is on a pier so hopefully will last.

Carole 

• Like 1