Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

choosing superwide field binoculars

Hi people

I'm looking to purchase some low power 2x40 type of oculars.  I believe the helios  2.1x 40 are great value but the best are the Orion 2x51, with a much greater fov.  I have heard that the Orions can present issues with eye placement and it's a red flag to me as I do tend to suffer with that sort of thing.  So my question is, will I find eye placement issues with both of these bins or will the smaller objectives of the 40mm bins mean they're more comfortable and easier to get my pupils in the optimal position?  (The cost is not the most important thing if the Orions are all round better performers I'd go with them.)  Hopefully someone has used both of these or understands about optics and can help me with advice please?

Thanks

Dave

On 02/06/2022 at 17:14, Louis D said:

Can you post a direct link to the review related to these ultra low power binos?  I couldn't find it on that website.

I wasnt trying to say that this very bino has been reviewed on that site. Just wanted to make you aware of it and that the author maybe able to help 🙂