Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Messier 101 - The Pinwheel Galaxy

AMcD

This image comprises 7 hours and 15 minutes of 300 second integrations taken with a QHY8 OSC and an Optolong L-Pro 2" filter through a TS152 achromatic refractor mounted on a Losmandy G11. Acquired using SGPro and PHD2 and processed using Adobe PS and StarNet.   I have also downloaded a trial version of DenoiseAI and attach the results of running the image through the standard filter in that software, although the trial version watermark makes comparison rather difficult 😂

With very little astronomical darkness now each night, this was quite a challenge.  The data is not the best and I have discarded a large number of subs due to high cloud, bright satellite trails and running over into nautical darkness.  As always, constructive criticism is most welcome 😀

M101_LFD_Stack_7hrs15minsFinal.tif

M101_LFD_Stack_7hrs15minsFinal.thumb.png.e29cdf5abec209508a765c50a4d1be6d.png

M101_LFD_Stack_7hrs15minsFinalDNAI.thumb.png.f15074f0562555672f0dac99bd26446a.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tomato said:

That’s a nice M101, with lots of fainter detail coming through. I’m looking at it on an iPad and the galaxy has a pinkish hue to my eye?

Many thanks @tomato.  It does have a pinkish hue to my eye also, looking at it on my monitor.  M101 has a high number of bright Ha regions, so it may be that the hue reflects that.  Equally, it could be my processing 😂  The NASA image of M101 that combines visible, infrared and x-ray wavelengths looks very pink indeed...

NASA-SpiralGalaxyM101-20140505.thumb.jpg.f13a1a3f9f7c919b6dfbb794c6720e3c.jpg

17 hours ago, Laurieast said:

Without the watermark.
Suppress Noise at 30

Thanks @Laurieast.  Do you find you get a lot of use our of DenoiseAI?  The demonstration version I am trying seems easy to use and seems to give considerable benefits.

17 minutes ago, AMcD said:

Do you find you get a lot of use our of DenoiseAI?

Yes, use it a lot and find it gives fast easy results, I would suggest getting Gigapixel which is the same price I see now until 3rd June. 

• Thanks 1