Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first NGC7000 IC5070 of the year

Psychobilly

I will probably bore you all to tears with this target this summer as its a bit of an obsession of mine... so here's my first of the year Chased it into the Dawn so only 8x300s ISO 800 Modded Canon1000D on Megrez 72 FF III Hutech IDAS P2 Guided DSI II on 500mm f8....Bit Noisy neads more subs... No prizes for guessing where I'll be going tomorrow morning ...

I think the Baader ACF modded 1000D is going to be quite a decent tool....Come Nebula Season....I know its supposed to be coming into Galaxy Season but I got a thing for Ha....WIth The Hoovers...

Billy...

now that is burning the candle at both ends, and using a hoover at that time of the morning !................a modern man i see, doing housework! :)

cracking 1st American of the year and i look forward to more subs:headbang:

I completely forgot about the possibility of imaging in Cygnus... The SE gives me my darkest skies if there's any LP about because the nearest streetlights are several mileas away and in a deep valley the otherside of the mountain... SO will have to check it out earlier tomorrow morning...

Its the 1000D's firstr reall Ha Diet... The Modded 350D was Christened the Ha Hoover lyear so I think the 1000D must be the Ha Dyson... as it keeps on "sucking" right till the end...(OW missus titter i not...).... it's all inthe mind of the reader honest...

Considerign how the background level was increasign sub to sub I am encouraged foir waht will be a major Target and "work" this year... It was "Steppenwolf" images of this region that really convinced me that I needed to get the pier built to get my sub lenghts up by being EQ mounted...

Peter

Done well Peter, considering it is so early the camera has picked some good detail up. I spent 5 hours on IC1396 and the difference when it is low in the sky is amazing, its like the Ha gets swallowed up by the atmosphere.

Unless it's all been heading into your garden!!

Cheers

Tim

As long as a lot more of it heads my way tonight I don't mind...

LP to the SSW around to NNW has changed plans so I have had an hour of subs on M105 , doing an hour on M64 then starting the Mosaic test on Markarians Chain 1 hour per pane...

By which time ... Cygnus should be up :)

Cheers Chaps...

IAHB...its nothing yet... given a few more hours data it might be "OK" at the moment its a noisy "rough" ... The cygnus nebs are going to be one of my main projects this year nad if I can get teh hang of mosaicing this will be another area of interest... Virgo for the galaxies and Cygnus for the nebs...

Billy...

Nice early catch, first one I have seen this year!

Looking forward to seeing this grow as you add more and more time to it.

Did you get a Ha filter yet?

Cant wait to doing this again, as I now have a wide field scope.

This muppet forgot to drop the ISO form my galaxy hunting ISO1600 to ISO800 for last nights time on NGC7000 also found out that a cloud bank had drifted in wiping out 60 mins of subs...

I blame sleep deprevation only had a few micro naps from 5am wednesday morning ...

Billy...

At the monet I can add 2 hours per data per night so weather and body permitting i'll should have 8 hours+ of data by tht end of the weeekend.

I have started regarding 1 hours of data as enough for a quick look use that for framing etc... doubling that gives an acceptable image for tergates which I have a "passing" interest in 4 hours starts to really smooth things out and 8 hours gives a "nice" image...

Although I shot at ISO1600 instead of ISO800 last night I will normally take about 1/4 of the total image time of a target as ISO1600 anyway... So i'll just take the rest at ISO800 to improve the colour....

I can also "registar" all this years data into last years... I have resisted the temptation to do that yet as I want it to be a pure spring 2009 image...

I'll do it now though for a quick look...and keep it as a seperate project.

Got to love Registar.. this all that data I have ever captured for NGC7000 & IC5070

The camera scope combos were ...

Standard Nikon D200 SW Euinoxe 66+FF III

Modded Canon 350D SW Equinoxe 66+FFIII and Megrez 72+FFIII

Modded Canon 1000D on Megrez 72+FFIII

[ATTACH]20187[/ATTACH]

Billy....

Cheers All....

I like to think its Astronomy for Insomniacs... I have developed a bad habit of imaging targets just before dawn so I get them out of sync and confuses people no end :D

I'm hoping to get a fair bit more data on this one over the next few nights (mornings :) ) and then I'll just stack all the 2009 data as adding last years is cheating :)

Billy...

Archived