SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC443 Narrowband

old_eyes

Combined from several runs on Pier 14 @Roboscopes (Tak FSQ 106 reduced with ASI6200 MM Pro)

Pleased to have got some of the fainter nebulosity next to the Jellyfish, but at the price of severe star halos on mu- and eta-Gem. Might try and do something about that, but the halos overlay some nebula detail.

Final2.thumb.jpg.9be9daac0d88d745eac7aeea2c33da13.jpg

• Like 3

Plenty of detail in here and a lovely wide FOV - well done on the slightly elusive OIII. Those halos are a pain though, I hope you can resolve the issue in post processing - are they confined to just one channel?

• Like 1

Nice image,  Propus and Tejat (I think those are the offenders) are a real pain when processing this one.
I had this as my  last target and found these gave me halos on all filters to some extent but Ha and SII were manageable however OIII were horrendous.
I actually replaced my Badder OIII filter after this. 

Steve

4 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

Plenty of detail in here and a lovely wide FOV - well done on the slightly elusive OIII. Those halos are a pain though, I hope you can resolve the issue in post processing - are they confined to just one channel?

Thanks Steve. Unfortunately, the halos are in all three channels. I may have a go at trying to remove them in each.filter separately. However, we have new filters on the rig and a smaller FOV camera, and that combination doesn’t seem to suffer the same problem. Maybe an image this season will be more amenable to my limited processing skills.

But I was delighted to be able to pick out the O3 on the edges of the SNR.

4 hours ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Nice image,  Propus and Tejat (I think those are the offenders) are a real pain when processing this one.
I had this as my  last target and found these gave me halos on all filters to some extent but Ha and SII were manageable however OIII were horrendous.
I actually replaced my Badder OIII filter after this. 

Steve

As I said to the other Steve, unfortunately the halos are on each filter. Still pleased with the image, even if I can’t get this version looking as I would like it.