SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skywatcher Az-Gti Mount Functioning Incorrectly

Hi, I've owned a Skywatcher Az-Gti Maksutov 127 for the past 6 months and I simply cannot get it to function the way It's supposed to. When I use the automatic allignment, It goes to a completely opposite direction - sometimes down the horizon. I've set up my IP, all geographical locations are correct, the tripod is set perfectly.  I hope I'm not the only who has encountered this issue, since It's a huge frustration to deal with finding deep-sky objects yourself, nonetheless keeping the telescope steady on the star

Best Regards to everyone out there

Have you read the owners thread by @AstroNebulee? It's a good place to start.

1. Are you using default alt az alignment with scope parallel to the ground facing forward and pointing to true north before you switch it on?

2. Further to point 1 is the scope on the LHS or RHS of the mount pointing forward?

3. Have you conducted a 2 or 3 star alignment yet? If not any goto will be wrong.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, The Orion said:

Hi, I've owned a Skywatcher Az-Gti Maksutov 127 for the past 6 months and I simply cannot get it to function the way It's supposed to. When I use the automatic allignment, It goes to a completely opposite direction - sometimes down the horizon. I've set up my IP, all geographical locations are correct, the tripod is set perfectly.  I hope I'm not the only who has encountered this issue, since It's a huge frustration to deal with finding deep-sky objects yourself, nonetheless keeping the telescope steady on the star

Best Regards to everyone out there

Hi

How are you controlling the mount? And your power supply?

Have you look at this thread for plenty of helpful hints and tips, with lots of brilliant az gti owners. 

Cheers 

Lee 

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/387014-skywatcher-az-gti-mount-owners-thread/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Orion said:

I'm using the SynScan app, somehow got that to work. My power supply contains 8 AA batteries(stock version) 

Check out the az gti owners thread firstly. But as @Elp said are you aligning North level on right or left hand side, then how are you're star alignments fairing 

• Like 1

Defo have a look at the AZ-GTi owners thread, but some simple things to try, before starting the alignment make sure it's pointed north and roughly level then press reset alignment, just in case, that'll clear out old alignments and start you from scratch.

• Like 1