SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first Ha image! Only a snap. but I am beyond impressed!

pipnina

I finally caught a gap in the clouds, but due to equipment malfunction and the brevity of the cloudless window, I only caught one un-polluted 120-second exposure with my new 3nm chroma Ha filter.

I chose the region around Sadr because I have long wished to see it and was curious as to the level of detail it contained, as well as because I already knew it to be a bright object.

I am not dsappointed and when the opportunity arises I intend to complete this with more data! Maybe even give it a go in SHO once my auto focuser arrives (these chroma filters are very parfocal within the LRGB set, but the narrowbands seem to shift a fair deal.)

Screenshot_20220522_004122.png?width=101

I also created a synthetic colour version866164410_SadrNebulosityHatest120s.thumb.jpg.b4c02b7a9922a0e9f8a29de2abda8638.jpg

All in all for 120 seconds with an f4r reflector under bortle 5/6 skies this is impressive beyond words. I got a test using my lum filter in as well at the same exposure time, and there was almost no nebula to see.

• Like 13