Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Crescent Nebula Experiment

Rodd

Playing with data--the Ha channel was taken with the C11 Edge and .7x reducer and the OIII channel was taken with the TOA 130 native.  I registered the OIII to the Ha as the Ha is the smaller FOV by far.  I wasn't sure if the detail in the OIII would be sufficient to be used in the image.  Unfortunately, I only had the JPEG TOA image to work with--I extracted the blue channel, aligned it to the C11 Ha stack, and tried an HOO composition.  It took a bit of tweaking and playing, but all in all, not terribly bad for only having the JPEG.  In the past, experiments like this were done in lieu of finishing the image--not so this time.  I fully intend to collect much more data with the C11 Edge.  I am hoping to improve the depth of the background  and increase the fine detail in the nebula.  The more I think about it--the more RGB stars appeal to me

06889428-4432-4738-A91F-FA7F106DF8FA.thumb.jpeg.43dd57dfa8a9c00e11c94fe48bfa7c54.jpeg

Bin2

xbin.thumb.jpg.866b13cd282440ba36b5894292cb7863.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 7