Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sadr Region / Cygnus Mosaic

87x60sec Canon600D Optolong L-enhance ISO800

WO Zenithstar 61 II 

Unguided iOptron skyguider pro. 

Flats/Darks/Offset applied

Stacked in DSS, a quick stretch in GIMP

Taken last night 20/21 May. I had a 2 hour gap between 23:00 and 01:00 between cloud.

image.thumb.jpeg.091fd4f90a1109e10e6a9e367ba8d21b.jpeg

Edited by Astro Noodles
  • Like 7

Here is a bit more of the region I captured 24/25th May with Sadr and the Crescent Nebula.

Same equipment/ parameters as above only this time 72x60 second subs and Velcro to keep the wires from swinging around in the wind. 😄

Cygnus2b.jpg

Edited by Astro Noodles
wrong image posted
  • Like 2

Nicely done Noodles.  Do you find that untied cables etc can have a noticeable impact on the final image?  I've never done any form of comparison to check. That  said, I've only recently made a serious effort to control by wayward cables. 

Jim

18 minutes ago, saac said:

Nicely done Noodles.  Do you find that untied cables etc can have a noticeable impact on the final image?  I've never done any form of comparison to check. That  said, I've only recently made a serious effort to control by wayward cables. 

Jim

To be honest I'm not sure whether it makes any difference - but there was a bit of wind last night so I thought I would deploy the Velcro. I think it would make a difference if you were doing narrow field and long exposures but for what I do probably not.

Maybe just a good habit to get into. I only have 3 cables at the moment, but when I get guiding organised it will go up to 6.

Anyway, I thought you had an Obsy.

Edited by Astro Noodles

1 hour ago, Astro Noodles said:

To be honest I'm not sure whether it makes any difference - but there was a bit of wind last night so I thought I would deploy the Velcro. I think it would make a difference if you were doing narrow field and long exposures but for what I do probably not.

Maybe just a good habit to get into. I only have 3 cables at the moment, but when I get guiding organised it will go up to 6.

Anyway, I thought you had an Obsy.

Yes, I have my Skywatcher ED80 Equinox mounted on an AZ EQ6GT in the observatory (roll of). So with it being out of the wind to say I've traditionally been a bit lazy I guess with cable management. I installed a ZWO AsiAir last December and that sort of prompted me to tidy up and secure the cables for the first time really.  I'm also on a slow burn thinking about a wide field rig so I need to get a bit more serious with part of a setup.

Jim

• Like 1

• Astro Noodles changed the title to Sadr Region / Cygnus Mosaic