SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pegasus powerbox micro.

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a Pegasus Astro Powerbox Micro........ can anyone suggest any pros/cons to this bit of kit.

Will be used for a portable imaging rig - SGP, ZS73, AA269, guide cam, focuser, and mini PC.

Thanks

2 hours ago, scotty38 said:

I have the Advance lovely little bits of kit. With USB ports on the Mele pc I could have probably got away with the Micro.......

Hadn't considered that..... i have the Beelink, and that has 4 USB3 ports. 👍

I'm using the Powerbox micro with the autofocus accessory and a Beelink U59 mini pc. My travelling setup. I'm also using a GLNet Mango travel router to create a hotspot at star parties so I can connect to the mini pc, no wifi available. I've a spare variable power socket on my Powerbox micro. The travel router is charged using a usb cable as it takes 5 volts.

Has anyone used the variable power socket to power the router using a micro usb to 2.1 mm jack? I've seen one on Amazon but it says it powers something else. I don't want to damage anything. The router only takes 1 amp and I'm nowhere near maxing out the Powerbox. At the moment I'm using a small battery pack. Thanks

(Sorry to hijack l the thread!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2022 at 17:53, StevieDvd said:

What auto focuser do you have? The lower end of the Pegasus units don't run stepper motors (though there is an ext port for another pegasus gizmo to do that.

Primalucelab Sesto Senso 2 ......... so an all in one unit, although i do have the option to use the built in wifi on ht unit as well.