SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Replacement/stand in guide camera

Ok, my asi290mc has to go in for repair, probably be away for a while so what do I do? 

Cheap option 120 colour 

Mid option 120 mono usb 3

Pricey option 462mc

Option one is ok if the camera gets fixed. If not I'm down my colour lunar cam which is doubling as my guide 

Pricey option means I end up with a nice planet/lunar/guide cam but may end up with 2 very similar cams

Wild card choice is a cheap svbony cam from Amazon, maybe the 205 for £80. Anyone used one of these for guiding?

9 minutes ago, Clarkey said:

What's wrong with a 120m mini? I use them and they are fine for guiding - and cheap. They are a smallish sensor so the usb 2 is not really an issue.

Nothing wrong with it, but I like having the 290mc on my guide scope so u can easily swap my 294 and 290 on the pier when I want to do some lunar. It means the 294 is nice and safe on the guide scope while the 290 gets a turn on the ed80.