SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Soul Nebula IC 1848 32hrs total exposure

peleks

Hello, this is my first post here, wanted to share my latest Soul nebula image. Image was taken with 80mm f4.4 refractor from TS Optics, Atik 490exm camera, HEQ5 mount and Baader narrowband fitlers. I have used only Ha and O3 filters, for S2 i did not had time, because here imaging season is over until late July. So in Autumn i will try to get some S2 signal and make picture little better + i want to have some additional good O3 data, because even with 17 hrs of exposure image is not as good as i wanted it to be. COlor pallete is Ha as red, O3 as blue and green color is generated from 30% of ha and 60% of O3 signal. For S2 filter i have a question, maybe if the signal is weak it is better to use green filter from LRGB set ? Has anyone did this in full narrowband? 

Exposures are 45x20minutes Ha and 51x 20 minutes O3, total of 32 hrs.

Thank you!! 

soulhoo3.jpg

Edited by peleks
  • Like 15

14 hours ago, peleks said:

Hello, this is my first post here, wanted to share my latest Soul nebula image. Image was taken with 80mm f4.4 refractor from TS Optics, Atik 490exm camera, HEQ5 mount and Baader narrowband fitlers. I have used only Ha and O3 filters, for S2 i did not had time, because here imaging season is over until late July. So in Autumn i will try to get some S2 signal and make picture little better + i want to have some additional good O3 data, because even with 17 hrs of exposure image is not as good as i wanted it to be. COlor pallete is Ha as red, O3 as blue and green color is generated from 30% of ha and 60% of O3 signal. For S2 filter i have a question, maybe if the signal is weak it is better to use green filter from LRGB set ? Has anyone did this in full narrowband? 

Exposures are 45x20minutes Ha and 51x 20 minutes O3, total of 42 hrs.

Thank you!! 

soulhoo3.jpg

Very good. 

One trick you might be missing is to take what you have here and then use just the full Ha data as a luminescence layer over the top of it, hence using the current image as a colour only layer. 

Adam 

1 hour ago, Bibabutzemann said:

i like it too!

Not sure how much S2 will improve your image, but i think adding 2-3 hours of rgb data just for the stars would be nice addition. 

CS Patrick

It will give more 3D look, i have tried this on M27, of course S2 signal there was 2hrs only, but it did the job

M27nbHSO2020v3.jpg

• Like 2

• peleks changed the title to Soul Nebula IC 1848 32hrs total exposure