Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WL 17TH May

neil phillips

Blending large mosaics are a nightmare Alex has been helping me. ( cheers Alex ) 

I need to get photo shop. But i am having reservations. that the technique is more hassle than its worth. Though it does look good full size. Alex attempt here full size. still looks somewhat uneven especially top left. No fault of Alex though. The captures were effected by seeing and or haze. Still looks ok. But wondering to abandon the idea of large mosaics ?

My attempt from scratch is the colour version. downsized. 

Bresser 127l baader continuum GSO ir block 3.8 film EQ5 PRO 

PhotoshopSun.png Alex.png

less.png 50.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 7

Nice work. At full resolution you have some great details. Alex mosaics are always full of details; it sounds like a lot of work but you shouldn't give up yet. You guys always deliver some of the best images here 😉

1 hour ago, Kon said:

Nice work. At full resolution you have some great details. Alex mosaics are always full of details; it sounds like a lot of work but you shouldn't give up yet. You guys always deliver some of the best images here 😉

Thanks for the encouragement Kon. Its a known problem getting the sun even in large mosaics. Blending in photoshop may be the best option. But its expensive. Unless i am going to do this regularly. And get even results. I have reservations spending that much on software. I could get a scope for that. I will ponder the idea. Also thought about a reducer but then you lose all that focal length. But its a lot easier 

14 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Thanks for the encouragement Kon. Its a known problem getting the sun even in large mosaics. Blending in photoshop may be the best option. But its expensive. Unless i am going to do this regularly. And get even results. I have reservations spending that much on software. I could get a scope for that. I will ponder the idea. Also thought about a reducer but then you lose all that focal length. But its a lot easier 

Is it only Photoshop that can stitch them together? Gimp or other freeware? It may be handy for your lunar work? I am sorry, I am not making easy for you 💷💷💷💷💷

1 hour ago, Kon said:

Is it only Photoshop that can stitch them together? Gimp or other freeware? It may be handy for your lunar work? I am sorry, I am not making easy for you 💷💷💷💷💷

Gimp may be able too. But will likely be somewhat more drawn out.