SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Affinity 50% off

Mick J

On 16/05/2022 at 12:52, Alien 13 said:

Nice, already have Affinity Photo but notice that "Designer" is reduced too so will hit the button.

Me too. I am sure I will find some good use for the "Designer". 

• Like 1

Does the IPAD version have the same ability to be used for AP processing? Website says "Completely reimagined for iPad with the same power as the desktop version and with complete file format compatibility, you can work across the same document wherever you are, without any compromise."

Fortune favours the hesitant!  I've been considering buying Affinity for a few weeks now - got round to downloading the trial version at the weekend .  Just converted to a full licence now - thanks for posting the heads up Mick J. 

Jim 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, saac said:

Fortune favours the hesitant!  I've been considering buying Affinity for a few weeks now - got round to downloading the trial version at the weekend .  Just converted to a full licence now - thanks for posting the heads up Mick J. 

Jim 

Yes, I missed the offer last time it was up and I had to pay full price for getting it on my MacBook :( 

Thanks for the heads up on 50% off. I’ve just downloaded it for iPad. However, I have immediately stumbled into what I hope isn’t a bug for Affinity Photo on iPad.

Trying to import a photo from Photos on the iPad opens this box in Affinity

DE50E372-9DAB-4D9F-8692-676AB5B4B271.thumb.png.63544e8d7581b3c4740dca21ac04235f.pngWhich is fine and dandy. I can see all my photos and select the one I want for editing. However on trying to import another photo Affinity does not reopen the dialogue box so I can’t access my photos. The only way I have found of getting Affinity to re-present said dialogue box  is to  do a hard close down of the iPad and restart.   What am I doing wrong? I’ve watched the tutorial on opening, importing and saving files and as far as I can se I’m doing it right. This may not be the right forum to ask this, but I thought I would anyway just in case anyone else have just downloaded it and has the same problem. 

3 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

Ahah! Solved it. Go into Settings and in the Affinity Photo App change Allow Photo Access to “All Photos”.

Don’t you just love new software? :) 

Good news ....Let me know if it can do the astro bits please 🙂 I use Linux on my laptop and the Ipad pro is the only other device I have atm that is supported by Affinity

Edited by AstroMuni

1 hour ago, AstroMuni said:

Good news ....Let me know if it can do the astro bits please 🙂 I use Linux on my laptop and the Ipad pro is the only other device I have atm that is supported by Affinity

Ooh I’m not planning to use it for astro photos. I do all that in Pixinsight on my MacBook. My reason for having Affinity Photo on my iPad is that occasionally I want to tweak the pics I get on my phone and iPad. Frankly £8.99 is cheap enough to justify buying to play with, especially if the tablet is all you’ve got for the purpose.   

On 20/05/2022 at 15:42, AstroMuni said:

I have purchased it for ipad. Now to see if it does what I expect it to do :)

Good luck.  Please report back on how it goes won’t you!  How are you planning to do your stacking? 

12 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

Good luck.  Please report back on how it goes won’t you!  How are you planning to do your stacking? 

I use SIRIL for most of the prep work. Its only the final processing where masks etc are needed that I am hoping to use Affinity

14 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

I am assuming you realise you can stack etc in Affinity if you wish to?

42 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

I am assuming you realise you can stack etc in Affinity if you wish to?

No, don’t assume I know anything much about affinity. I just use it to occasionally tweak terrestrial photos. I use PI for all my astrophotography.  The other day I did actually become aware that stacking was possible  on affinity because I noticed a video on how to do it. Is it any good? 

43 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

No, don’t assume I know anything much about affinity. I just use it to occasionally tweak terrestrial photos. I use PI for all my astrophotography.  The other day I did actually become aware that stacking was possible  on affinity because I noticed a video on how to do it. Is it any good? 

I am using PI now but yes it's worked absolutely fine whenever I have used it so definitely worth trying if you've just bought it.

Plus see the other thread for James Ritson's macros too.

Edited by scotty38
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

I'm pleased with Affinity. I followed a few of James Ritson's Youtube videos and downloaded his macros (he's a product expert for Affinity Photo) and also use his macros.

I don't expect it comes close to the power of PI, but it does for me. 

• Like 2