Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

APT 4.00

Yoddha

NewVersionBanner4_00_500.png.28f10f5babca14830a5d8d9cedc92c78.png

The new version of APT is here with many exciting features. The short list includes automatic focusing and refocusing for DSLR cameras. One more tab in the main screen – Summary Tab which defines a new level of APT usability. The top three are finished with PAPS – Polar Align via Plate Solving, implementation of the popular 3-point polar alignment. PAPS is using mathematical problem solution and code made by Rumen Bogdanovski, who made it for the INDIGO and AIN Imager projects.

The full list of novelties is available here: 
http://www.astrophotography.app/news

Some features of the full version are made available in the demo :)

Note: APT 3.88 is the last version that works under Windows XP.

UPDATE: 

PAPS - Polar Align via PlateSolving is not showing accurate results, so the small update APT 4.01 is released to fix that. We have used the opportunity to include a few more fixes and minor new features.

Please update your APT to be ready for the next New Moon :)

Edited by Yoddha
  • Thanks 8

I installed version 4.00 and used it as a test session tonight during the full moon and I'm happy to say, no weird adverse bugs showed up in about 5 hours of use... thank you for your hard work.

I downloaded v4.0 last night, mainly because all the online tutorials for autofocusing showed pop up menus that were different to mine.  Naturally It now looks like it'll be at least a week before I get clear enough skies to test it out.  I think, seeing as the tool is so good, it's only fair that I stump up the 18 euros so I'll be doing that later.

Graeme

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

No problems reported in APT 4.00 so far :) Don't forget to update your imaging computer for the next session :) 

Meanwhile we are forcing the work on the next beta...

• Like 1

On 17/05/2022 at 17:37, newbie alert said:

So the 4.0 is the latest stable version or a beta? 

Must admit to having issues with the betas so I went back on the stable versions

3 hours ago, Yoddha said:

Hello,

No problems reported in APT 4.00 so far :) Don't forget to update your imaging computer for the next session :) 

Meanwhile we are forcing the work on the next beta...

I can vouch for that, after a few full nights of imaging, APT 4.00 was rock solid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting to try this out, but having a baby mixed with bad skies has meant my product key has expired so will wait until I feel the upgrade is needed as I think there is a fee to get a new product key.

Looks good from what I have read though. Good work

Hi Myles,

Many thanks!

You can renew your key when you want, there is no matter when it has expired :) The fee is 6 EUR and gives a full year access to the upgrades starting from the renewal date :)

Hello,

PAPS - Polar Align via PlateSolving is not showing accurate results, so the small update APT 4.01 is released to fix that. We have used the opportunity to include a few more fixes and minor new features.

http://www.astrophotography.app/new

• Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Yoddha said:

Hello,

http://www.astrophotography.app/new

Hi Ivo,

How sure are you about this? How much inaccuracy?
When I ran a test using PAPS, initially PHD2 reported a PA error of around 4 arc-min in 10 minutes of measuring before I ran the PAPS procedure... After I polar aligned with PAPS, PHD2 reported 0.7 arc-min also in 10 minutes of measurement...  Could there be a difference with being in the Southern Hemisphere as the PAPS initial release did not work down here?

Mariusz

10 hours ago, Yoddha said:

Hi Myles,

Many thanks!

You can renew your key when you want, there is no matter when it has expired :) The fee is 6 EUR and gives a full year access to the upgrades starting from the renewal date :)

Thanks! I'll get it when I can forsee a chance of me getting out! 

• Like 1