Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lots to see

Nigella Bryant

1 minute ago, Ags said:

Took the white light scope out today - I lost count of the number of spots on show.

I know, lot's, AR3007 is a really nice complex group now. I think AR3011 will be too. AR3007, 3010 and 3011 seem to have complex magnetic distrubances too in hydrogen alpha hopefully more flares and sunspot growth. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

I know, lot's, AR3007 is a really nice complex group now. I think AR3011 will be too. AR3007, 3010 and 3011 seem to have complex magnetic distrubances too in hydrogen alpha hopefully more flares and sunspot growth. 

The superb magnetic patterns around ARs in Ha have really caught my eye in recent days too Nigella. They are glorious. I’ve been really pleasantly surprised by using two Baader 1.25” polarising filters (one on each eyepiece) in the binoviewer at low magnifications (with 32mm Plossls - around 54x). They definitely help bring out the contrast in the background chromosphere on my scope. They do dim the view slightly, so only using them for low power. 

• Like 2