Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can I see your 80ED homemade solar filters.

When I’ve made these in the past, I cut a couple of long strips of card about 4” wide. Wrap one around the dew shield just tight enough to hold, but so it slides on and off easily. I used insulating tape to secure it in place. Then, with the card in place over the dewshield, place the film over the end and fold it down over the card, not pulling it too tight, it should be a bit lose. Secure in place with tape. Finally wrap the second strip of card around the outside to hold the film in place and secure with tape. I actually wrapped the entire depth of card with tape just to make it very secure and protected. This is much easier to do than describe!

You will find that with this method, the filter is held very securely in place simply because of the air vacuum; you slide it on slowly to let the air out and this then holds it in place very safely.

I managed to find a few images of what I’m talking about which may help. It’s very cheap, easy and effective.

063D5106-16EB-423E-82C5-984631D037F8.jpeg

BE2AF50A-710A-4BEB-931A-CFE567145867.jpeg

4448DA10-D370-49FB-B935-4A0632BBE76C.jpeg