Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Omegon veTec571C

Hi, 

previous weekend i've attended the ATT  astronomy fair in Essen Germany.

I had been toying with the idea of purchasing an OSC camera for my Galaxy setup, the 9.25" EdgeHD for some time now.
Discounts were available at the fair so it was time to take a look .
I've had my eye on Omegon's cameras for a while now, because of the interesting prices they charge for them.
Certainly compared to the variants of ZWO and QHY, for example.
Astroshop was present at the fair with a large stand, and they offered the Omegon veTec 571c, the 2600MC version, for € 1340.
An opportunity that I did not pass up.
They had 1 copy with them at the fair, which I could take with me, but when I checked I saw a particle on the sensor itself.
I preferred to pass that up, so chose to have them send me another one by post.
And the following Thursday I received it.
The camera looks well made, and comes in a sturdy case with power adapter, a 2" nose piece, USB3 cable and a tube with drying tablets.
I immediately started disassembling my ASI 1600MM and made adjustments for connecting the Omegon camera.
I was also able to buy a Starizona filter slide on the ATT fair which I could place between camera and off axcis guider with the necessary adapter rings.

Then it was time to connect the camera.
That was a little more difficult.
SGP and Sharpcap both gave errors, even though ASCOM drivers from Omegon were installed.
Since the Omegon cameras, like several other brands, come from the Touptech factory, I installed their drivers as a test.
The connection then proceeded without any problems and has been found to be stable so far.

Then it was time for the real work.
I chose M13 as a test object, and I think the results are quite good.

Picture below is a 60x120sec stack at gain 100.

I've used a Baader Moon&Skyglow 2" filter in the slider.

I think I need to adjust the back focus a bit.
But I can't fault the image, the camera does its job well, and that for just over half of what a 2600MC costs.

So for now I can recommend this one, we'll see what the experience will be in the longer term.

Cam.thumb.jpg.aa10817e0151cbcdb5d0399ebe80a645.jpg

cam_filterslider_oag.thumb.jpg.22e1fd62d665a0fd71100c2ca97f5ad4.jpg

cam_mounted_1.thumb.jpg.08e2f3ce7d4d163614193da5cb4b5b8a.jpg

cam_mounted_2.thumb.jpg.cb0973e0a088021edd7eeefca3d676d3.jpg

M13RGB.thumb.jpg.d0417cabfc0397c034497f0b6e8b4ba9.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Miguel!

Are you still happy with the camera? I am quite tempted by the price and have three questions:

Does it have a heated front window? Does it have the HCG function that drastically reduce read noise at a certain gain (like the ASI and QHY variants)? Have you tried the Omegon software (Omegon AstroPhotoCapture) to run the camera?

20 hours ago, gorann said:

Hi Miguel!

Are you still happy with the camera? I am quite tempted by the price and have three questions:

Does it have a heated front window? Does it have the HCG function that drastically reduce read noise at a certain gain (like the ASI and QHY variants)? Have you tried the Omegon software (Omegon AstroPhotoCapture) to run the camera?

Hi Goran,

Yes, i am, it performs as is expected.

It has heating and a HCG function.

I have not tried AstroPhotoCapture from Omegon, i just couldn't find it 🤷‍♂️.

410472381_Omegon571C.thumb.jpg.2885a2f2cda8490b8fe9b1917e909328.jpg

Translation for the bottom 4 sliders

Left top to bottom : Framespeed / Gain / Offset (or blacklevel ) / Heating

Right : Hoge = High

• Thanks 1