SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

RA clutch and metal stick for L-bracket won't unscrew.. :( (Star Adventurer Pro)

Last night I attempted to do some imaging with my SA and I was met with the RA clutch being stuck and in fact it is common to actually happen, I looked at a video of how a person untightened the clutch and it didn't work for me. The metal stick that you attach to the L-bracket for your counterweight got stuck as well and the imaging session was halted because of that issue. :(

2 hours ago, WilliamAstro said:

Last night I attempted to do some imaging with my SA and I was met with the RA clutch being stuck and in fact it is common to actually happen, I looked at a video of how a person untightened the clutch and it didn't work for me. The metal stick that you attach to the L-bracket for your counterweight got stuck as well and the imaging session was halted because of that issue. :(

Do you mean the counterweight bar and L bracket where tightened together or how where they stuck? You shouldn't need to unscrew the bar from the bracket just move the counterweight up and down to balance. (see images) 

Regarding the locked RA clutch on the star adventurer, it should just unlocked with undoing it slightly, it maybe tightened up to much. 

Does this video help you. 

Screenshot_20220514_121555.jpg

Screenshot_20220514_121546.jpg

Screenshot_20220514_123318.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, WilliamAstro said:

I am referring to the metal stick you attach to the dovetail, and also I have tried what was shown in the video and nothing worked.

Yep the counterweight bar you mean, how is it stuck? Could you take a photo to show what you mean please. 

Will the big black RA clutch (see images) on the star adventurer not undo? If you hold the white saddle that the dovetail clamps into and loosen the black RA clutch it should undo. 

Photos or a video of your issue may help us diagnose it  👍

Cheers 

Lee 

Screenshot_20220514_140556.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee

IMG_1960.thumb.png.783f68e1385ed96f18b30127625526d4.png

This is the metal stick that is screwed onto the green dovetail, I screwed it on normally and that is when it happened.

IMG_1961.thumb.png.0307740be970806a31c367356b7d0d06.png

I did what I did in the video, and nothing worked. Even at the slightest grip still nothing and especially the same with the metal counterweight bar.

38 minutes ago, WilliamAstro said:

IMG_1960.thumb.png.783f68e1385ed96f18b30127625526d4.png

This is the metal stick that is screwed onto the green dovetail, I screwed it on normally and that is when it happened.

IMG_1961.thumb.png.0307740be970806a31c367356b7d0d06.png

I did what I did in the video, and nothing worked. Even at the slightest grip still nothing and especially the same with the metal counterweight bar.

Regarding the counterweight bar, your missing the counterweight on it. If you unscrew the stopping screw on the bottom you can slip the counterweight on it and do the stopping screw on the bottom of the bar then. 👍

1.Regarding the RA, So can you loosen the actual RA clutch atall. Not the white saddle of of it just the black bit? 

2. Does the black RA clutch and white saddle rotate together? 

3. Do neither the black RA clutch and white saddle rotate? 

Sorry for all the questions, just getting my head around it 😊

Screenshot_20220514_160116.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
Add image

26 minutes ago, AstroNebulee said:

Regarding the counterweight bar, your missing the counterweight on it. If you unscrew the stopping screw on the bottom you can slip the counterweight on it and do the stopping screw on the bottom of the bar then. 👍

1.Regarding the RA, So can you loosen the actual RA clutch atall. Not the white saddle of of it just the black bit? 

2. Does the black RA clutch and white saddle rotate together? 

3. Do neither the black RA clutch and white saddle rotate? 

Sorry for all the questions, just getting my head around it 😊

Screenshot_20220514_160116.jpg

1. No

2. Yes

3. Yes

13 minutes ago, WilliamAstro said:

1. No

2. Yes

3. Yes

I wouldn't of thought 2 & 3 can be both yes but I'm being a bit brain addled haha, hopefully someone with a Star adventurer can help out. I used to have one but sold it so can't try on that. 

Did you put the green dovetail in the white saddle and tried holding the black RA clutch and turning the white saddle counter clockwise? 

Cheers 

Lee 

3 hours ago, AstroNebulee said:

I wouldn't of thought 2 & 3 can be both yes but I'm being a bit brain addled haha, hopefully someone with a Star adventurer can help out. I used to have one but sold it so can't try on that. 

Did you put the green dovetail in the white saddle and tried holding the black RA clutch and turning the white saddle counter clockwise? 

Cheers 

Lee 

I don't think you're the brain addled one 🤣

• Like 2