SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Bresser 127 l

neil phillips

ZWO 178mm Baader 495 QHY UV IR CUT. EQ5 PRO

Pretty naff seeing. Tried solar continuum filter. As opposed to the 495. But the Continuum was worse. By a large margin. Mostly because transmission was so poor compared to the 495. It seriously affected the ability to use shorter exposure. To beat the poor seeing. 495 for achromatic refractors for me. No PIIP run through or anything. just a quick process data wasnt worth the effort. 

11TH MAY BRESSER.png

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Yawning Angel said:

Nicely done! It's very clean and crisp at 100%

Hi Alex. Seeing wasnt great. But i found after doing WL on the sun. With towel over head blinded. Off and on reaching for the focuser. Going back to lunar. is so much more relaxed. Can see what your looking at. And take your time with fine focus. Which so far ( my last two lunar outings ) seems to be rubbing off on nailing, or getting close with focus. I kind of expected it. But it does seem easier after the joys of being blinded by the sun lol. As you know focus is everything. 

Cheers for the comments