SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Wolf's Cave RgbHaOiii

Hi All, this is the Wolf's Cave Nebula in Cepheus.  Wolf's Cave was first discovered photographically by August Kopff, an assistant to Max Wolf, and announced by Wolf in 1908 in the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society. https://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1908MNRAS..69..117W. It lies at a distance of about 1,400 ly from Earth. The red in the background is from an Snr.

Over 5 nights between April and May I managed to collect about 14 hours of rgb and 5 hours of HaOiii using my duoband filter.

Asi 2600mc through a Takahashi Epsilon 160ed mounted on an AzEq6.

Processed in APP, PI and PS.

Richard.

336266540_Almostcopy82.thumb.png.c775ca74953acb7764fdc487c9dd121c.png

• Like 20

On 10/05/2022 at 14:12, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

Lovely image Richard.  I just started to pick up the planetary nebula in my recent image.  8.25hrs with a OSC and it was only just picking it up.  Nice idea to add narrowband data too, might look at that in the future.

Thanks Jody. It was well worth the effort adding the duoband data. Really brought out the reds and blues.

On 10/05/2022 at 16:41, gorann said:

That is great Richard! I see that you have collected more of the faint Ha from the SNR since you posted it for the dust-competition.

Cheers, Göran

Thanks again Gorann.

• Like 1