Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon looking grand - 8th May 2022

Stu

Getting some lovely early views of the Moon against the blue sky this evening.

Plenty to see, but the peaked shadow cast across the crater Walter stands out as worth looking at. Hygienist and Treisnecker Rilles also visible, Treisnecker quite faint but definitely there in the Tak 76Q

• Like 6

I’ll add to that….. Treisnecker Rilles are actually looking amazing! I switched to the 8” f8 and the detail is excellent. I can’t recall seeing them so extensive, branching off each other and I’m able to follow them for what I assume is their whole extent. Well worth a look. I’ll pop something in the heads up forum too.

• Like 3

I was also looking last night but my seeing was on the poor side. The Triesnecker rilles were indeed very well illuminated, I used x150 with Skymax 180.

My objective of the night was to try to see the small craters Armstrong, Collins and Aldrin near Tranquility station. Armstrong (which is the biggest) was very easy to see with direct vision, but the other two were a struggle. As it got darker I convinced myself that I could see them in brief moments of stability but the views were so fleeting that I'm determined to try on another time. 

Edited by Nik271
typos
  • Like 4

Got the scope out last night for the first time for a month, and literally for 20 minutes, just checking out some binoviewing pairs and new to me Revelation binoviewer..

A very nice sky it was and got a quick shot of the moon on my phone by hovering over one barrel of the BV, using a Kson 10.5mm ortho pair.

The view was much sharper than it looks here actually, I'm impressed with these little EPs!

Dave

IMG_20220508_232546130.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
Typo
  • Like 8