Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Veil in HOO - Rework

This is a reprocess of two separate captures with the Redcat 51. Couldn't quite reconcile the registered images as the difference in orientation left the bottom right in a complete mess, but I've tried my best to salvage it for now.

Tried a bit of a mix and match on the integration.

The 120s (first) capture was integrated as Ha-OIII Colour in Astro Pixel Processor, the 180s (second) capture was processed individually as Ha and OIII extracts and recombined. Both images were sorted for light pollution and star colour calibration before registering against each other.

Combined the images in Photoshop, then sorted star layer and starless version before processing.

Hoping to add data to this with the 80ED over the next couple of months. (and sort out the corner 🙂 )

Tony

Veil-Combo-HOO.png

• Like 6

Right,

Decided to try and do it properly from scratch so I re-integrated in APP using LNC and MBB to handle the mosaic edges and contrast this time.

Left the stars a little less reduced and tried to keep a bit more details and wispiness to the nebulosity.

Hopefully this is a bit of an improvement?

Tony

Veil-Rework.png

Edited by mightymonoped