Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Markarian's Chain

I finally got around to processing the images I took of Markarian's Chain.  I centered on NGC4435 ("the eyes").  This is 200 "acceptable" subs of nearly 400, 60 minute images.  Most of the "duds" were due to airplane fly-overs and clouds.  I live under (though 60 miles distant) an approach path to Atlanta airport, so sometimes I get some spectacular jet trails. Most of these images were taken during the last half of March this year.

The scope is a Radian Raptor on an iOptron GEM29 mount.  There is a Raspberry Pi4 on the mount running all the fiddly bits via INDI drivers and controlled over WiFi from inside the house.  The software was SkyChart (planetarium), CCDCiel (imager), ASTAP (plate solver), and PHD2 guiding.

MarkariansChain_web.jpg

• Like 6

Steve,

Yes, I am struggling with a new QHY camera and getting the color balance right is challenging.  This batch of photos was taken using the auto setting for red and blue.  I suspect "Otto" is a bit heavy-handed.   I did try to calm it down in post, but apparently was not completely successful.

Edited by JonCarleton