Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron se8 custom site problems

Hi all,

New to the group and I hope someone can help.  I have a Celestron 8se and am having problems entering a custom site. I did a factory reset a little while ago and I just cannot change the the custom site I can go in via the city but the closest is 1400km away. Also I'm in Australia. 

Thank you in advance 

Hi. I’ve just got the book ‘The Nexstar User’s Guide 2’. Just followed these instructions to load in a custom site from the book. Seemed to work OK. Once set Ok, when you power on next you just need to press Enter to start an alignment, not the Alignment button. Then you just need to enter the correct date (remember in US mode with month/date/year) and time, and wether day light saving time is active. HTH. 😀

0B671EBD-5833-4C98-B981-18C180A51715.thumb.jpeg.a7ffb46010329334c2afabe86d7d8149.jpeg074397A4-0457-4631-BC9C-3EB96AB42C2F.thumb.jpeg.91394e792a722e1eb9d77085eadf19d2.jpeg

Edited by Knighty2112

8 minutes ago, DennisB said:

Thank you, I did an update on the hand controller and everything it working as it should now. Thank you again for your assistance 👍

Hope all goes well for you. Enjoy the scope and views you see. 👍🏻