SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

HCG 68, NGC 5371, and fuzzies

DaveS

This is the result of stacking 31 x 10 min bin 1 Luminance, 10 x 10 min Red, 12 x 10 min Green, and 8 x 17.5 min Blue, all bin 2 with the ODK rig.

The odd figures are due to having subs that were rejected by the AstroArt stacking routine, and by G2v calibration giving longer blue subs. I actually captured 36 x Luminance, and 12 each RGB.

After stacking with Flat, Dark Flat and Dark frames, the stacks were cropped to remove alignment edges and given a gradient reduction. The Luminance was given a DDP with high pass filter and Richardson-Lucy deconvolution. The RGB stacks were aligned, and combined in Trichromy before DDP without high pass, but given a saturation boost. The RGB was upscaled to match the bin 1 Luminance before the Luminance was coregisterd and the LRGB synthesised. Finally a light unsharp mask was applied.

549372971_3110128LRGBUM.thumb.jpg.70a2ecd48a1ad01d4c04c3404832e2c9.jpg

The streak on the right is from a star off frame to the north. I'm posting now as the clear sky slots that had been forecast have disappeared, and I have no idea whether or when I will be able to get data to fill in the blanks.

• Like 10