SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WL 26th April

neil phillips

245MM Stopped down to 190MM (A4 Sheet OD3.8 ) Newtonian F8.4 Baader 495 long pass. UV IR Cut. ZWO178 MM EQ5

Heat seemed to really bother the long Newtonian. Was rarely in focus. Showed just hints of what it could give. Still early days. The telescope tube is sealed at the back. But with air holes drilled. I suspect its not helping. wondering if to blow air up the tube with my small fan. Either during or between captures ?

Anyway work in progress perhaps

600.png just smooth.png 75.png

drizz.png levels.png 75.png histo down.png smooth.png

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

A good start Neil, are you sure it wasn't the seeing conditions rather than the set up?

I suspect both Pete, I did notice when the wind picked it seemed to sharpen here and there. Which of course got me thinking about air disruption ?  It wont hurt to test ideas

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pete Presland said:

My 1st light with the C9.25 was horrible, the conditions were grim as well.

Going up in resolution is harder isn't it. The smaller fracs seem to cope a little better. But resolution is where its at for sure. So worth persisting. Sure you agree

• Like 1

7 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Going up in resolution is harder isn't it. The smaller fracs seem to cope a little better. But resolution is where its at for sure. So worth persisting. Sure you agree

its well documented that the larger aperture is not always going to be the best in poorer conditions.  But when the conditions are good, its going to smash it!.....hopefully 🙂 

• Like 1